We spent the evening with one of my best friends and her boyfriend and had a blast! Sara and I cooked dinner and made dessert. Well, the dinner was a little bit of an undertaking...we were going to make Greek food as Josh and Dennis are both big eaters. Greek food is heavy and takes some time to make. I have made Pastitsio before and I thought I had the whole meal down pat and that we would eat right on time at 6 o'clock. Well... first of all everything took longer than I expected. I had to redo the milk sauce (Bechamel) that goes on top since I burnt the first sauce...and let me tell you that sauce takes at least 45 minutes to make. (you could smell that sickening pungent burnt milk smell. So, we ended up eating at 8:15 or so. The pastitsio was so-so..it was definitely missing something. Everybody seemed to like it so I won't complain. So, I thought I would redeem myself with the molten chocolate cakes I had prepped for dessert. (actually Sara did these!) Three of the four cakes had nicely blackened bottoms. Well, the food hadn't turned out as I expected but the time we had as couples was spent with much laughter and good discussion! We had a fabulous night! Thanks, Josh and Sara!


No comments:
Post a Comment