Thursday, March 4, 2010
Six Wonderful Years Together
Six years ago, I was a junior in highschool. I was getting ready for biology class and was about to walk into the room when Dennis came around the corner, stopped me, and asked me, "will you go out with me?" I had been waiting for this moment, not sure if it would ever happen, but at that moment I had the biggest thrill that I've ever had in my life. Of course, the answer was yes and he told me he was going to come ask my dad that weekend. I flew into the bathroom to recover for a minute, grabbing Dennis's sister on the way and telling her the great news! I was totally flushed when I walked into biology class and my teacher, dear Mr. Brennan, came over with his cheeky grin and said to me.."did somebody just ask you out?"
Its been the most wonderful six years and I look forward to many more of them. They were filled with much joy, also much pain. In the beginning its hard when your parents are in control of your relationship but I'm thankful to our parents for their guidance and rigidity when we needed it, even though we didn't want it. I wouldn't do it any other way! God has blessed us with much more then we could ask for and we thank him first and foremost for bringing us together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww :)
ReplyDelete